Educational Vision of the Franciscan Clarist Sisters of the Most Blessed Sacrament
The institute of the Franciscan Clarist Sisters of the Most Blessed Sacrament founded
by Mother Seraphina Farolfi in 1898, is a religious society committed to :
- The education of the young with a preferential option of the poor, the marginalised
and the under privileged in the slum/interior rural areas.
- The care of the orphaned/destitute children and lonely old women.
- The service of the sick especially in the remote regions.
The Society considers school as an effective agent in promoting the integral formation
of the child in the Gospel spirit of love and freedom, a love that excludes no one
because of religion, region, nationality or race in order to shape a better human
Its education service aims at forming students to be intellectually competent, morally
sound, psychologically whole, spiritually oriented, culturally integrated, socially
responsible, growing in friendly and harmonious interpersonal relationships, imbued
with a deep sense of noble values and concern for the less fortunate and ever open
to further growth. The society endeavours to create a school that serves as the
nucleus of a wider society by:
- Acknowledging God’s tender love as the binding force of our pluralistic community
and following the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one genuine teacher.
- Providing a healthy and morally sound life style that liberates the child from the
forces of evil in the cultural, economic, social and political order.
- Rejecting counter values that threaten human dignity, viz, violence, racial hatred,
injustice, daily crime etc.
- Rooting out all manifestations of egoism namely, rebellion, jealousy, prejudice,
antipathy, hatred, revenge etc.
- Fostering noble virtues like affection, respect, obedience, gentleness, forgiveness,
gratitude, helpfulness, service and good example.
- Promulgating peace, justice, freedom, concern and progress for all especially the
downtrodden, bearing in mind that everyone is a child of the same Father, created
in His own image.
In its pursuit of excellence of the fullest possible development of all the dimensions
of the pupil’s personality - the society strives to engage men and women of high
professional competence, moral integrity and dedication.
For the realization of its educational objective the society relies on the whole-hearted
co-operation of the parents, the authentic personal witness of inspired, competent,
committed teachers and the genuine receptivity of students.